Wednesday, October 20, 2010

More Mysteries of the North Country- #2

I found them in one of the numerous antique stores in Duluth.

An old pair of glasses, in a common style. Nothing really valuable, but I had seen them before. Perhaps not this exact pair, but it didn't really matter. The glasses were possibly 80 or 90 years old, but I had found the same style in another junk store 40 years ago, when they were “almost new.” My girlfriend at the time was smitten with them, and had the frames fitted with her prescription. There was sort of a hippie-gypsy-old time eclectic fashion movement going on at the time, and they fit right in.

Were these her actual glasses? No way to tell, really.

And if they were, what of it? Just another random coincidence in a junk shop, there to stir an old memory.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Some Chilean Woman said...

I love this post!

I love how life is funny that way, how certain things can take you back in time.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023