Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chains of Love


Robin, 1969

It might be a good idea to not Google the name of an old girlfriend. Another day, another obit. You hadn't seen her in 40 years, and now you know you'll never see her again. She'll always be 20 in your mind. A natural beauty. And it was you who left her, left her behind in a cloud of dust as you sped away on that hot August afternoon. Left her with that puzzled look she got. That look she always got just before she started to cry.

Are you gonna leave me, are you gonna make me cry?
Are you gonna love me, are you gonna make me cry?
These chains are blue, gonna haunt me 'til the day I die.

Lyric by A.Nugetre

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Iceland Eyes said...

beautiful, bittersweet...

Post a Comment

                                                                       All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024