Monday, August 01, 2011

Day Seven: Terra Incognita

House on the Rock, Spring Green Wisconsin

The House on the Rock may well be the ultimate in tourist traps. Tacky, chaotic, overwhelming, ridiculous and surprising- it is a collection of collections presented with little or no context. Authenticity is not a priority here, and you can check any preconceptions about aesthetics you may possess at the door. I won't even begin to try to describe it, I'll just leave you with these visual impressions:













By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

I live pretty close to Spring Green and I finally went just last year. Yeah, it's beyond explaining! The strangest thing, to me, was just that there were dead trees left standing, inside. Although there were certainly lots and lots of strange things! It's like a dream.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Words fail in the face of the madness. The ultimate pack-rat dream/nightmare.


Anonymous Nicole said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, HOTR!!! Last time I was there, Sheila and I spent all day shooting with our Rolleis. Hmmm, I think I need to go back soon :)

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023