Thursday, August 04, 2011

Day Ten: Sweden, Home and Deja Vu

Stockholm, Wisconsin



The last day of vacation is sometimes poignant, sometimes welcome. It's nice to sleep in your own bed, to wash clothes and just relax. There are only so many tours, shops and antique stores one can stand, at least until the next time.

There were a couple of items in an antique store, however, which I wished I had brought home- an old electric fan and a calendar from the 1930's. The fan was stylish; I could have rewired it and cleaned it up, just the thing for these hot summer days. The calendar was quite dusty as well, but there was something about the model pictured on the cover that appealed to me. It was almost as if I had known her from some past life.

But that would have been impossible, for it had been printed long before I was born:

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Anonymous Jon said...

There is definitely a familiarity in the face on that calendar. Welcome home and thanks for sharing your tour.


Blogger KokoWorks said...

That Sharon sure was a looker!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I may run, but I can't hide...


Anonymous Andy said...

I wish I had known that you were there! We are only 2 miles up the road from that shop!! Maybe next time...


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Andy- I thought about "dropping in" but we were on the way home, we stopped for a ice cream and a look-around then split...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023