Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Love Letters Straight from Your Heart

My nightly constitutional has been turning up some "found" literature as of late. Saturday evening I spied this spiritual document on the boulevard near the firehouse:



The superhero allusion aside, this pledge seems sincere, although the wording of the last bit about "love my loved ones and love my enamys the same" might raise a little doubt about just how much the writer really cares for those closest to him.

The very next evening I found this somewhat disturbing note on the sidewalk at the end of my block. It had been neatly folded and placed under a smooth stone:



Are the two notes related? Is "Kill" the "enamy" of superhero "Jesuse?" Is this a sign of the apocalypse? I'll be watching my back, that is for sure.

We may be in for an interesting summer.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

I think I would always be on my guard in that neighborhood. At least ready to help with spelling and grammar.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I think I'll carry a bible and a dictionary on my evening walks from now on...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023