Monday, August 27, 2012

TB Chicken

Until last Thursday, I had never dreamt a recipe before. In the dream I was at a country restaurant where the cook offered me some black, tarry chunks of meat.

"It's our specialty, 'Tar Baby Chicken'."

It was delicious, so I asked her what the ingredients were.

"Just regular chicken, with a sauce made from molasses and garlic."

"But isn't that name a bit offensive? Couldn't you call it 'TB Chicken'?"

"Who want to eat chicken with TB?"

"I've got it, instead of Tar Baby just call it The Best chicken."

After I woke up, I was still obsessed by the thought of delicious chicken with a black molasses coating. Checking out the internet, I found just the thing at Allrecipes. I modified the recipe to fit my dream:

Ingredients

3 pounds chicken, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon salt (omit if using frozen with brine)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or ginger
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
1 tablespoon minced garlic

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and cinnamon or ginger.
Arrange on wire rack over flat pan or foil.
In a bowl, mix the molasses, vinegar, mustard and garlic.
Bake chicken 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
Coat chicken with the molasses mixture.
Continue baking 20 minutes till black.



I baked it Saturday and it tasted just as good
as it had been in my dream!

    The Cinnamon gave it a light spicy flavor.

Ginger would tend toward a darker taste.

And a tip of my chef Batty's hat to

CHERRYGIRL400!

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Even with a nice presentation it still looks like a tar baby. Sounds like it might taste pretty good, though. I don't recall ever having dreamed a recipe. I doubt that I have much talent when asleep.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Lately it seems as if my dreams make more sense than reality.

BTW: That's CHERRYGIRL400's picture, if only I had a new camera...

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023