Sunday, October 07, 2012

Kolaportið, Kaffi, and Kormákur

After yesterday's adventures, I decided to take it a little easier today, sticking close to my apartment. I did go to Kolaportið, a combination flea market/grocery with a wide variety of seafood, meats, pastries and even a few vegetables:



I spent the afternoon in the company of an old blog-pal, her husband and their absolutely charming toddler:




In the evening I went to see Baltasar Kormakur's newest film Djupið, (The Deep), a true story of a fisherman who swam seven miles in the frigid sea after his ship sank. Brutally realistic: they filmed in the ship as it was sinking!



By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Great. Now you'll never take the ferr to Heimay, or the boat to Drangey. You should avoid films like this!


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Ferry.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

The film elicited an animal fear response in me, I've never experienced anything like it.


Blogger Jono said...

It is a rare film that can bring out that kind of feeling. I am slowly turning green with envy. It is a rare blog that can do that, also.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Djupið is the Icelandic entry to this years Academy Awards. It should get to Netflix eventually.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023