Monday, November 05, 2012

Mondays In Iceland - #25

Tourists


Reykjavík, 2012

Vacation photo rituals haven’t changed much since the invention of Eastman’s original Kodak: stand in front of a picturesque scene and smile. Reykjavík must have the highest ratio of "snapshots per capita" of any destination, the combination of a small population, numerous tourists and lots of scenery combines in a near orgasm of photography. This Chinese couple could have used a helping hand - it is usually better to have both travelers in the shot. I was too slow on the uptake on this occasion, but the next day I did help a young Japanese woman get a nice picture (she was alone, holding her camera at arm’s length) at the Viking ship sculpture. Smiles all around.

As you can see, I’m restarting my Mondays in Iceland series. Too many new pictures to keep hidden and most will also feature a tiny story.

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

More reasons to stay tuned to the Flippist world.


Anonymous I'd Rather be in Iceland said...

Yay! Do you have any more trips planned?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jono ~ tune in, turn on, drop out!

IRBII ~ I don't know. If I were to do Iceland again it would be exploring the country in the summer with my wife, the Weaver. A whole different kind of trip than my little "getaways" with a bicycle and a studio apartment behind Fríkirkjan. Next spring we'll be going to the east coast of the US, and possibly a trip to Seattle sometime. We should go and stop in to see Jono in Northern Minnesota as well. We're about due for England too.


Anonymous I'd Rather be in Iceland said...

If you need any help with England let me know. You could have a world tour just meeting bloggers...


Blogger Professor Batty said...


We've been there twice before - in '73 and '93, so '13 would be a fitting interval.

I've met several 'distant' bloggers, and have also had a couple stop in here. Much fun.


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Looking forward to another blogger reunion in Richmond! Looking forward to Mondays

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023