Thursday, April 04, 2013

Ras El Hanout and Red Palm Oil



My new kitchen buddies. The Ras El Hanout is very aromatic, sort of like a mild cinnamon curry. It tends to get lost in cooked dishes, I usually add it just before serving. The Red Palm Oil has been touted on TV by Dr. Oz as a "miracle fat" which I suspect is just a way to sell supplements. Be that as it may, it is useful in cooking. Fairly bland, but it stands up to heat and imparts everything with an attractive yellow/orange glow. Be careful, however, as it will stain anything it touches. Together, these two are easy to use and add some flair to your usual dishes without being over dramatic.

Will FITK now be turned into a foodie blog?

No, but you might see more culinary entries as I have a lot more time to spend in the kitchen now.

The first Social Security check should arrive in three weeks.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Does this mean that you have retired? If so, congrats and happy cooking and everything else..


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Yes, I've joined the ranks of the gainfully unemployed. We'll see how long that lasts!


Blogger Jono said...

Lucky you! The Missus is collecting, but I will wait a few more years. Or drop in the traces, whichever comes first.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

It wasn't exactly on my terms, but I saw it coming.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023