Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Homer in Iceland


Gracie Films

The Simpsons’ season finale found Homer, Moe, Lenny and Carl in Iceland. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of detail they put into the show:



Homer threatening Carl with a piece of Hákarl:



Moe missing out on the Northern Lights:



Relaxing at the Blue Lagoon:



Also noteworthy was the Sigr Rós soundtrack and the cameo by Former Prime Minister Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir.

I suspect this episode will do as much for Icelandic tourism as anything Icelandair has ever done.

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Anonymous I'd Rather Be in Iceland said...

Would you believe we have to wait about 3 months for this in the UK...I'm not sure whether I think it's completely cringeworthy or not but I am a little bit desperate to see it. :)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Whoever wrote it must have a definite affinity for Iceland—it even uses the Sagas as a plot element. It was definitely one of their better episodes.


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

I heard about this, and am hoping to see it! I wonder if it is available on the Intergalactic Network?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I gather that it will show up on Hulu.

A teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_0HJLafkKK8


Blogger Jono said...

Of course I heard about it the day after. I hope to catch it in reruns and yes, it is an effective promotion.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023