Monday, July 29, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake



Or, to be more exact, Vinarterta. I celebrated my retirement yesterday with friends and family, with a surprise appearance from the layer cake pictured above. It was created by Eva Sabat, our town's very own "Swedish Chef" who works out of The Swedish Crown Bakery. She made the Swedish version (lingonberry filling) instead of the Icelandic version (prune filling) and it was just as delicious. She also made a carrot cake, equally scrumptious.

The gathered throng left satiated and satisfied.

The dill bread was also a treat.

By Professor Batty


8 Comments:

Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

Congratulations, Professor! I hope this means the blog will continue to receive its due attention. :)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Now there is really no excuse for not posting!


Blogger oroboros said...

Good luck and enjoy your retirement, Prof! It's the best thing that ever happened to me, I can say. Too bad getting old comes with it 'tho *sigh* :o/


Anonymous I'd Rather Be in Iceland said...

Wow, congratulations and what a great start. What are you going to do with all this spare time?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

O ~ I seem to have gotten old in spite of my best intentions!

IRBII ~ Catch up on everything I've been neglecting.


Blogger Jono said...

I am very happy for you as well as envious. Stop in if you get a chance.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jono ~ I've got two weddings and a trip to Colorado coming up, I might not make up north this summer/fall. I'll let you know if I'm in the area.


Blogger oroboros said...

ultyperiThe irony about retirement is that you seem to have less time than when you were working!! Part of that is we have less energy as we age and time correspondingly speeds up. In our energetic youth we're like stroboscopic cameras and all the action seems in slow motion; summer takes forever, etc. In retirement the camera exposures are increasingly far apart and big changes from exposure to exposure scramble our perception; "Cripes, where did the summer go?"

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023