Thursday, August 15, 2013

How I Spent My Summer Vacation - III

... Or, stop me before I build another guitar again.



It's really quite hopeless. This time it's my take on the classic Fender™ Esquire, the first production solid body guitar. One pickup, no frills, $120 + some parts I had laying around. The sound is raw, almost nasty (think Jeff Beck in the Yardbirds), completely different from any other guitar I have. It's getting so that there is no piece of wood "laying around" safe from my designs.

"Honey, have you seen the cutting board?"

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger Zelmarific said...

What do you do with them after you build them?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I actually play them. I've had a few "duds" that I don't play; I give them away or even trash them if they are beyond hope. If I keep making them at this rate I'll have a dozen by the end of the year. Do you need a guitar? I'll be in Madison weekend after next...


Blogger Mary said...

Pretty! Why are Fender guitars such a part of my life these days? :)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

As Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson said:

Jemima surrender,
I'm going give it to you,
I'll bring over my Fender,
And I'll play all night for you!


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

I actually have three guitars, and I don't really play! But thanks for the offer, Professor. I'm flattered you would consider it.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023