Friday, January 31, 2014

Less than Perfect



I stumbled across a web site which offered to be my “personal grammar coach.” Just what I needed! They allow you try the service (in a limited capacity) by pasting a section of text in the box. I copied a few FITK posts and received various “ratings” from 60 to 70 percent of what I assume to be “perfection.”

Just to make sure the service was legit, I pasted some excerpts from F. Scott Fitzgerald short stories. They did worse! I made one final test—with the final paragraph of Poe’s The Tell Tale Heart. It got 82% and would have probably gotten 100% if it hadn’t been discounted for its use of archaic language.

It looks as if my writing has a ways to go.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Maybe you have a way to go, but at least you're better than F. Scott Fitzgerald :)


Blogger oroboros said...

It are gud werk you does, Prof. Keep on truckin'! :o)


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

Your writing is fine. Computers just don't understand artistic genius. :)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Thank you all, I may have to write another "novel" to repay all those kind words.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023