Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Village Smithy


Grand Marais, Minnesota, 2009

Under a spreading chestnut tree
The village smithy stands;
The smith, a mighty man is he,
With large and sinewy hands;
And the muscles of his brawny arms
Are strong as iron bands.
~ Longfellow

An old style blacksmith's shop that I spotted on vacation a few years ago; I just had to peek through the dirty window. It was so dark inside I couldn't really see much so I set the shutter as slow as I dared and hoped for the best:



There's a story there, I'd bet that Jono knows it.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

I even bought steel and occasional welding supplies there long ago. There has been some fund raising and money from the historical society to preserve it. It is a local landmark after all and old Bill Bally was a well known local character.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

A classic old-style shop, I hope they can preserve it.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023