Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Ploughman's Lunch

   I could hardly refuse an invitation from my old blog-pal Darien to join her and her husband in a light meal. Although her blog days may be behind her, we still keep in touch and the Weaver and I have managed to see her every year or so (she has relatives who live nearby.) We are both Iceland fanatics, but over the years, we have found that we have many other things in common. I've found some of my favorite bloggers (Karen and Shoshanah) through her. She was also instrumental in getting the Laxness in Translation site off the ground. After lunch we went for a stroll with Darien's grand-niece Coco:


John, Darien, Batty, Weaver, Coco (in front)

   One of the unexpected pleasures of blogging has been in actually meeting some of the people I've been following. I'm scheduled to meet Jono next week and may even be able to drop in on Shoshanah in October.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

You and Darien were very instrumental in my Icelandic literary instruction and appreciation. Looking forward to next week. The following weekend is Ted and Barb's 50th anniversary.


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

I'm looking forward to it!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Shoshanah ~ We'll be in the area around the 27th of October, we should be able to drop in for coffee.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023