Friday, October 31, 2014

The Last Day of Summer

No serial fiction today, I’ve been on the road. Instead, I’ll post some images from my latest mini-vacation. The Weaver and I had been in Milwaukee (business for her, fun for me), and on our way back we stopped in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin. Sunday night found us in the charming small town, albeit with a somewhat ominous visitor center:



Monday morning was all sunshine with temperatures in the 70s. Our B&B was this Frank Lloyd Wright inspired house from the early 50s:



We stopped for coffee at a little chocolate shop/bistro on Main Street where my old blog-pal Shoshanah was waiting:

Image: The Weaver

She gave us a tour of the town and then brought us out to her country estate. Even the sheep seemed happy to see us:



And the day was glorious, I think the temp hit 75°; the world became an Andrew Wyeth painting come to life:



Thanks again Shoshanah! I hope you can make it to Flippist World Headquarters someday. I can’t guarantee such beautiful weather, however…

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

This is good enough to get out of trouble (this time). We are, however, expecting a continuation of said serial sometime soon. Yeah, I know, always leave them wanting more.
Did you bring home any cheese?


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

What a good picture that is of the sheep! (And Tom Turkey.) It snowed here last night. Last weekend of summer, indeed! Thanks for visiting. It was lovely.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jono ~ No pictures = didn't happen.

S ~ Snow! I was sweating Monday.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023