Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Wisconsin Road Trip


Street art, Winona, Minnesota

Now that I have your attention, I’d like to present a few images from my recent journey into Wisconsin. There is a lot of good natured kidding between Minnesota and its neighbor to the east but, except for state politics, it really isn’t much different.

Well, actually is it a lot different, but in subtle ways. I’ll be exploring them in the next few posts.

We stayed the first night on the outskirts of Sparta, in this pleasant log cabin which was located on a hillside, overlooking a working farm:



Very homey, although I can’t imagine staying in it during the winter (it wasn’t properly chinked—you could see right through the walls!) The next day we went into Sparta, a nice small town with this picturesque stream running through it:



   The biggest surprise was Wildwoman’s Vintage Apparel, an amazing retro clothing store located in an old cinema. I was soon lost in a sensory overload (can you spot the professor?):



More pix tomorrow and Wednesday, The Matriarchy will return Friday, I promise (it’s already written, I just like to make Jono wait.)

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool


Blogger Jono said...

I always wanted to explore the driftless area, but never seemed to be able to do much more than drift on through without lingering.
Thanks for the consideration on The Matriarchy. I really appreciate your concern. :)


Blogger Jono said...

P.S. It took a few moments but I see you. Is that a beret?


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

So many shoes!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I tried to find a hat but my head's too big…

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023