Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Advent Calendar



A confession.

Until I was in my late 20’s I had no idea of what an Advent Calendar was. We just didn’t do that in my home when I was young, or at least I was aware of their existence. When I grew up and got married we usually had one for our kids (when they were little), it held a definite charm for them until they got older.

Which brings me to the true subject of this post: Auður of I Heart Reykjavík is doing a 'virtual' Advent Calendar throughout the month on her site. If these daily posts are anything like some of her holiday writings I've read in the past they should be amusing and insightful—reflecting Icelandic culture through her own slightly skewed perspective. Worthy of a bookmark.

UPDATE: My favorite Icelandic Women's instrumental group amiina has posted their own Advent calendar.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023