Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Jóhann Jóhannsson


Jóhann performing with Apparat Organ Quartet, Reykjavík, 2006

   Congrats to my favorite Icelandic film composer, who won the Golden Globe for best original score for the film The Theory of Everything. I've been a big fan of his for a long time: I've seen him perform numerous times, both in Iceland and Minnesota. I've also enjoyed several of his CD's, orchestral works as well as electronica from Apparat Organ Quartet and even pop music from Unun. I probably enjoy his music from the stage play Englabörn the most. Any of the titles listed at the links are great.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Anonymous Caroline said...

I didn't know he won a prize. Now that is well deserved. I really like his music.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I have more of his recordings than any other Icelandic artist except for Björk.


Blogger Mary said...

I hadn't noticed that he did this soundtrack - one more reason to see the movie! I will play a track from one of his albums on my radio show Saturday night.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

He's the real deal. Great to see him get some recognition.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023