Monday, February 23, 2015

Swamp Thing



When this post goes live I will have returned from the semi-arid Southwest, my little retreat from Minnesota winter.

The Weaver and I have a recurring discussion about where we’d live if money was no object: the desert, the sea side, a tropical island, perhaps Scandinavia. The deal-breaker for me would be any place without an abundance of fresh water. Mosquitoes aside, there is no place I’d rather be than in a small canoe in some reedy swamp; a place full of slimy life.

The primordial ooze.

A quiet symphony of aromas.

A minimalistic soundtrack.

Getting in touch with my inner amphibian.

Minnesota nice.

By Professor Batty


6 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Emerging from the sea and being mostly water, I have the same need. I have never tried living in an oasis (other than in my own mind), but it might work for desert dwellers. It's been -25 the last two mornings. Welcome back to "at least it's a dry cold."


Blogger Professor Batty said...

We were lucky with the weather- most days in Santa Fe were in the mid sixties and sunny. But lord, did I miss seeing water!


Blogger Friko said...

I could lend you some wellies for wading.

Got here by accident; sad to see there’s o way of following; I’ll probably lose you again.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Firko ~ No need to follow, attendance is never mandatory in the Professor's classroom.

You could bookmark it, however.


Blogger oroboros said...

Prof, see today's "rhymes with orange".


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

Welcome back.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023