Monday, April 13, 2015

Screenshots

Today I thought I would share some of the websites I’ve been recently frequenting:



No surprise here, I’ve been following Auður for over eleven years now! Her I Heart Reykjavík site is “By far the best Icelandic website of which I am aware”, even if I do say so myself. She’s turned it into a multipurpose portal with tips on Reykjavík attractions, car rentals, and even offers up the opportunity to personally bask in the glow of her fabulousness on her walking tour of Reykjavík. The tour has been getting rapturous reviews; look it up on TripAdvisor if you need further persuasion.

Another site I've been visiting a lot lately is the Já map site:



Unfortunately it does use the clunky Google Maps style navigation, (the Apple Maps version is much easier to use) but in spite of that drawback I return to it because it is the most detailed Iceland map available; it even includes bike paths. Speaking of bicycles, here's a screenshot of another site I’ve been looking at:



If you need a bike in Reykjavík, Bike Company is the place to get one. The day rates are rather high, but if you email them you can get a pretty good weekly rate in the off season. The last time I was in Reykjavík I used my rental bike every day, finding it to be especially handy when going to the swimming pools:



I’ve been to three of them, although I wouldn't rank them the way the Grapevine did, but  each has its own merits and debits. These mostly outdoor pools are a must-visit, even if you have to shower naked before entering.

If you are starting to detect a trend here this next screen shot will reveal the underlying theme in today's post:



I AM GOING BACK TO ICELAND!

If the third time's a charm, will the sixth time be twice as charming? I intend to absorb as much culture as humanly possible in my seven days there and will definitely make it a point to catch Auður’s walking tour.

By Professor Batty


5 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Really really happy for you - have a great trip!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I'll be sure to keep you updated, I hope to hear some music, it can be hard to get into gigs.


Blogger Jono said...

You lucky bugger! I don't remember if you have actually met Audur before. I'm wondering if I'll set off alarms next time I go through security. I'll show them the "zippers" on my knees.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Auður and I met in 2006:

http://flippistarchives.blogspot.com/2006/10/intermission.html

Are you still going to Scandinavia this year?


Blogger Darien Fisher-Duke said...

Congratulations, Batty! So excited for you.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023