Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Review



This is not a review of Bob Dylan’s latest Bootleg Series Album but, rather, the contents of the little (7" x 5" x 3") bag pictured above hiding behind it:



My new camera outfit, designed for my upcoming Iceland trip. The aim is to travel light: all my clothes and accessories in one carry-on and one handbag. My camera outfit will consist of two 12MP camera bodies and four lenses.  Not pictured: two spare batteries, an optical viewfinder and lens shades.

Tiny. Up to one sixth the size and weight of the corresponding full-frame camera lens.

I've already posted some images from this setup; what the small sensor camera loses in ultimate image quality to a larger sensor is made up for in its increased depth of field and its ability to be hand held, especially for close-ups.

             The Lenses                                35mm Equiv. Field of View
  • 5-15mm f2.8-4.5                                        23mm-70mm
  • 9mm   f1.4                                                42mm
  • 24mm f2.8                                                110mm
  • 50mm f2.8                                                230mm


Time will tell how this set-up will work out. I've got over two months to test it, with several major photo-ops coming up.


By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

I am green with envy over the outfit and the upcoming trip. I am trying to get a trip together for next year, but "things" sometimes happen. I am beginning to resent "things" in an unsavory manner.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

The Iceland trip will be 'minimal', I booked it on a whim (and a deal on lodging.)

Those little cameras can make good pictures, but I've been spending lot of time rethinking my approach to photography. New tricks for an old dog.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024