Monday, September 21, 2015

No Flash Please!

   I recently removed the Flash Player from my operating system. It was easy to do, and I've enjoyed the freedom from the constant barrage of Flash updates which I had been experiencing, as well as the FUD that comes with Flash security issues. Granted, there are many sites which still rely on Flash player, but I have found that I really don’t need to watch every single adorable kitten video. If there is some content which I feel that I really must see, I can check it out on The Weaver’s iPad,  a device which has never supported Flash (Thanks, Steve Jobs!).

   Outside of a few technical sites, I find that I've been using the I've been using the Internet less and less; is this a trend? I've been know to be a trend-setter in the past. Who knows? Perhaps we’re all on the verge of a Post-Web era.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Does that give you lots of blank spaces on your screen without annoying GIFs and advertising? Let me know. It sounds like a dream come true!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I have been using Adblockplus (a plug-in) with Firefox for many years and don't get ads.

Without Flash, pages seem to load faster.

GIFs aren't affected.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023