Monday, October 26, 2015

Screenshots

Every once in a while I'll take a screenshot of something on the internet that I find intriguing. The first one is the sign-in page for one of my eMail accounts, taken when I was in Iceland recently. It seems that when you are accessing a Google account in another country, the country's native language is used by default. It makes sense, although Google has more than enough information about me to know that I'm not, in this case, Icelandic:



I've been getting hits from this next address on the Laxness in Translation sitemeter for several weeks now. I think someone there is working the night shift, monitoring space probes perhaps, and has a lot of free time:



The last example is also from my Laxness in Translation sitemeter. Considering the fact that it references Hallór's "commie" novel The Atom Station, I find the URL of the visitor more than a little intimidating:

By Professor Batty


7 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

I once forwarded some Icelandic links in English to a friend of a friend at the JPL in Pasadena for her daughter's 4th grade report on Iceland, but I'm suspicious as to why someone at NASA is using Vista.

The Department of Justice probably looks into anything mentioning the word "atom" as a general search for terrorists wanting to get something nuclear. Probably just a holdover from the McCarthy era. No doubt they think you are an old blacklisted commie.

I also think Google does that to give you a false sense of anonymity. See? There's probably a good explanation for all of this. Maybe.


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

They're watching... It's actually the aliens.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Everybody is watching me—and I'm BORING!


Blogger Jono said...

Yeah, so that's a great cover and makes you instantly suspect.


Blogger Jono said...

P.S. How can I find that kind of information?


Blogger Professor Batty said...

http://extremetracking.com/

click on free tracker to get code to insert in your template


Blogger Jono said...

Thanks!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023