Monday, January 11, 2016

Mondays in Iceland - #44



I've just realized that I have never posted about horses on FITK. No wonder I’m not in with the horsey set. So, to get the new year started on the right hoof, I present these equine images of what Icelanders refer to as "hestar."

I met these gregarious animals grazing along road 54 on the way to Snæfelsness in April of 2004. When I pulled off the road to take a closer look the whole herd came rumbling over. I didn't have the forethought to bring any apples but they didn't hold it against me.

Beautiful creatures.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Even in this country it has only been a hundred years or so since they were the main mode of transportation. Sometimes it's just nice to be around them.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023