Monday, January 18, 2016

Mondays in Iceland - #45


Viðey, October 9, 2015
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."* 
Some moments are beyond my ability to express in words.

This is becoming more and more of an issue with my photography—the more successful I feel an image is, the less I can explain it, much less expound on its meaning.  I run into that often with my Iceland pictures; on my next trip I might not even tell anyone about where I've been and what I've seen.


*Rutger Hauer, in the film Blade Runner.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Ah, the magic and mystery of that ethereal place in the North Atlantic.


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

I think that is actually one indication of true art- it's so inspired that you cannot explain it intellectually. It comes from somewhere else- not from the thoughts in the head.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Jono and Shoshanah ~ I find that the line between waking and dreaming is blurred in Iceland.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023