Friday, July 22, 2016

Don't Look Back



And when I see the sign that points one way
 The lot we used to pass by every day

Just walk away, Renee
You won't see me follow you back home
Now, as the rain beats down upon my weary eyes
For me, it cries

Your name and mine inside a heart upon a wall
Still finds a way to haunt me though they're so small

Just walk away, Renee
You won't see me follow you back home
The empty sidewalks on my block are not the same
You're not to blame

~ Michael Brown

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

That was a great song. I only remember that and Pretty Ballerina from the Left Banke. I heard that Michael Brown died about a year ago. He was about our age.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

The greatest break-up song of all time?

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023