Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Place of Solitude



My backyard “bower”, complete with teak bench and art on the walls.  I go there to read, or sometimes write, or sometimes, in the summer, just sit and watch the birds. The occasional squirrel, startled when it comes across me sitting in silence, will scramble away, scolding me.

Now that it’s fall, I’ve been having a fire in the chimnea to keep warm. This little furnace is fed by wood scraps and trimmings from trees in the yard. It isn’t very practical but it does its job, as well as getting rid of what otherwise would go to the incinerator anyway.
After a session there, I leave feeling better about myself and the world.

I’m thinking that I’ll be spending more time there in the upcoming four years.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023