Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Mondays in Iceland - #92

Special Wednesday Edition

Tourists


I Heart Reykjavík tour, Austurvöllur Square, 9 October 2015

They come in two different flavors: patron: of an amusement park for example, or spy: on a secret mission. Neither option is “natural”; although when wandering about without a guide one is more likely to have an unexpected adventure. It can be thrilling, or boring, but is definitely inefficient.

Taking a tour is convenient but more predictable. It is more fun when there are young people. Maybe not so much fun for them to be with old people, however.

I’m usually the spy, but sometimes I just kick back and let myself go with someone else’s flow. There is something to be said for either way.  A mix of the two is the Candide-ian best of all possible worlds?

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

This week Monday is on a Wednesday. Who's to say there is anything wrong with that? Not me, certainly. It is fun hanging around with younger folk for lots of reasons, most of which are to do with entertainment.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I've got a lot of non-Monday Mondays coming up as I continue to wrap up my Iceland coverage.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023