Monday, August 07, 2017

Save the Date!

Harbinger of Doom #1


Artist’s conception, not to scale.

October 12, 2017

That is the date when asteroid 2012 TC4 will come closest to earth. Although scientists say it will miss us by at least 4,200 miles, that distance is only a whisker in the realm of interplanetary space. The thought that I might get squashed like a bug has made me rethink some of my priorities. That trim on the east side of the house that needs scraping and repainting? I’ll let that pass. Same with the Kia’s upcoming oil change. Edge the grass away from the sidewalk? Not gonna happen. I can make do with the socks I have; I really only need two pair. I’ll still have to buy some groceries and household supplies. Maybe not the biggest jug of laundry detergent, though.

The best part of it all is that the asteroid should arrive a couple days before the property tax is due.

At least I’ve got that going for me.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

I like your optimism.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I won't get another haircut either—I’ll just let my “Freak Flag Fly.”


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

We seem to have made it! At first glance, I thought that was a picture of he who shall not be named's ego!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023