Friday, November 24, 2017

Intercom

Basic wired communication device, circa 1909, as found on the “cruising houseboat” The Lotus. The internet as it stands now is sort of like this, press a button and inter-communicate with someone at a distance. The FCC is trying to change it, making it friendlier for cable companies to establish monopolies on service and content. I don't think that Flippism is the Key will be “bundled” and sold with other blogs, although FITK’s Blogspot’s host, Google, might. Some of the content already posted here (on YouTube) might be re-packaged as well, effectively making the consumer pay for it twice. It has been done already in Spain and Portugal.

If any of these dire predictions come true it will be a sad day indeed. To paraphrase Woody Guthrie:


This ’net is your net, this ’net is my net,
From California to the New York island;
From the red wood forest to the Gulf Stream waters, this ’net was made for you and me.


As I was walking that internet highway,
I saw around me those endless byways,
I saw around me that info highway,
This ’net was made for you and me.


I've roamed and rambled and I followed my interests
To the sparkling sites surrounded by commercial deserts;
And all around me a voice was sounding:
This net was made for you and me.


When the sun came shining, and I was strolling,
A million people chatting, writing, and posting,
As the fog was lifting a voice was chanting:
This ’net was made for you and me.


As I went surfing I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said "No Trespassing."
But on the other side it didn’t say nothing,
That side was made for you and me.


In the shadow of the telecoms I saw my people,
Outside their offices I saw them standing,
As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking
Is this ’net made for you and me?


Nobody living can ever stop us,
As I go surfing down that info highway;
Nobody living can ever make us turn back
This ’net was made for you and me.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023