Wednesday, November 08, 2017

My Old School - I



My junior high was brand new in 1962. I was in the first seventh grade to ever use the school. Finding this plan brought back memories, almost in every room. 206 (lower right corner on the second floor) was my homeroom, English class and History class—two hours and ten minutes, consecutively, with the same teacher. And me sitting in the same seat. Mr. Gundberg was the teacher, a WWII vet, with plenty of stories. It was the height of the cold war, Mr. Gunberg kept us enthralled with his war stories, nothing gruesome, mostly about the incongruity of a country boy finding himself in rural Germany, the only man in his troop who knew how to milk a cow. I had this classroom and teacher in 1963 as well, it was where I first heard of the assassination of John Kennedy.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Anonymous Andy said...

...so many memories. Since I'm reading your posts in reverse order, this felt like the right place to comment. I still wished I would have asked a certain someone to dance in the back "hall" area after lunch! (Maybe at our 50th?)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I'm not going to start guessing!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023