Friday, February 09, 2018

Sub-Basement Miracle


Break room, sub-basement receiving, Dayton’s department store, Minneapolis, 1972

I was working two floors below street level under sickly green fluorescent lights, amidst oceans of cardboard, surrounded by walls of drab concrete,  an uninspiring job only made bearable by the inherent goodness of my co-workers. I’ve forgotten the name of the young woman in the photograph although we did interact some, I even had her in my darkroom once, showing her the basics of photography. Then one day she was gone. I never saw or heard of her again. It was good experience, though. Person to person, straight-up, no hanky-panky, two souls sharing a moment in time.

The miracle was her existence.


By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

I can't imagine not finding out more about her when you had the opportunity, but sometimes that's just the way things go.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I was living with another woman at the time which complicated things a bit.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023