Friday, July 06, 2018

Fifties Harmony H62

Another post in my “guitar series.”

   
This was a found guitar.

I was helping my father clean out a rental property. This Harmony H62 was left behind. The neck had been detached from the body. I did reset it, but my skills in lutherie at the age of 16 left a lot to be desired. It never did play right but one of the Gibson-made P-13 pickups found its way into my Alamo Fiesta. Its ultimate fate was destruction by fire. The knobs, pickups and hardware are worth serious cash today. A complete one in excellent condition recently sold for over $1500!

Here's a really nice YouTube video of a H62 in action:


By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a harmony guitar myself. Very similar, though not that exact model. It has a nice thin neck. I’m a terrible guitar player, though.

Google won’t let me sign in today, but this is Shoshanah. :)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I'm not as good as the guy in the video, that's for sure!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023