Monday, July 09, 2018

Surreal Saturday

All I was trying to do was to go to a baseball game, but got lost on various tangents instead.

This display of severe angularity at the train station was only a hint of things to come:



When I got downtown it was still too early for the game so I took a stroll along Hennepin Avenue. Some seedy alcoves still exist there—if you look up:



After a while I got the unnerving sensation that someone was staring at me:



This crushed cigarette butt was a metaphor for the “street of broken dreams… ”



But back at the stadium a different form of art incited passion in the younger set:



Once inside angularity returned:



Until my warp drive became fully engaged:



I guess there was a game going on,



But I was too easily distracted.


BONUS CONTENT: Tom Waits and Hennepin Avenue:

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Lots to see in the Big City. I suspect most people don't notice nearly the detail and features that you do.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023