Wednesday, September 12, 2018

MIJ 12 String Electric



What can I say?

It must have been the drugs, or the price of $29. A vaguely “Gretschish” White Falcon copy with incomprehensible controls and painted F-“holes”.  A truly bad guitar in every aspect: tuners, frets, pickups, bridge, hardware, body integrity. I finally pulled the top frets to make this barely playable. I used it on an experimental film sound track. The neck did end up on my version of “the log,” which is a story for another day.

I have no idea which brand it was, although it had characteristics of a Teisco. It was probably made for an importer that went out of business. I got it at a liquidation sale.

“Doctor Fuzz” was my moniker at the time.

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

How could you go wrong for $29? Even if it didn't actually work.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I'm a sucker for cheap guitars, or rather, I'm cheap.
Got a Fender™ mini Strat yesterday for $15, I'll ever learn.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023