Monday, October 01, 2018

Anorexic

There must have been something wrong with me.

At our recent reunion, an old classmate handed me this picture, taken of me when I was in junior high.  The low resolution of the image hides my zits but not the way my ears used to stuck out. I was wearing my cherished “Madras shirt” and a “Baldie belt” along with a pair of black slacks (jeans were not allowed in school!)

What I wasn’t wearing was muscle mass.

I was a whisker or two over 6 feet tall and weighed maybe 120 pounds, and that after a big meal. If I were a teen today and this thin I think I would be in counseling, if not in therapy, for my physique. Back then as long as you didn’t rock the boat you were pretty much ignored. I eventually did “fill out” but not for several years, which was handy for my draft physical.

I don't think I’d want to revisit those days, although I would be happy to split the difference between my weight then and my weight now.

By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Had a friend in high school who was 6'5" and weighed 150. If he stood sideways and stuck out his tongue he looked like a zipper.


Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

Don't body shame your former self. (That's what the millenials call it.) You just grew higher faster than you grew outer.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I had a lot of nervous energy back then.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023