Wednesday, March 20, 2019

I Miss You


Remember Me?

Myspace has, somehow, “lost” all its pre-2016 content.

Yes, I did have a Myspace account for about a minute in 2004. I gave it up when my only follower was “Tom” (pictured above.) I even tried deleting him but he kept coming back!

In the future, people will look back at the years of 2002 to 2008 on the internet and wonder exactly what was going on. It was all so hokey, maybe it is better that some of it has been erased. I keep thinking that I should really download and make a hard copy of the best of FITK; that was one of my retirement projects (I retired FIVE years ago and still haven’t started.) At least my internet presence isn’t scattered over a dozen semi-defunct sites. My archives (see sidebar) are pretty well organized, however, and I still get as many hits for old posts as I do for the new ones.

Now, looking back at it, I kind of miss Tom and the other internet  “supernovas” of that time.

BTW, has anyone seen Bree lately?

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Shoshanah Marohn said...

I really liked MySpace! I started my blog there, I never backed it up! I guess it’s gone. I liked how you could hear people’s music on MySpace. My family is very musically oriented, and it seemed like whenever I checked on a relative, they had posted a new song .


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I remember posting to mine, but I can’t remember what. I think I looked at it about 10 years ago and there wasn’t much.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023