Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Grand Marais 2019

It’s been nearly two years since I’ve been in the jewel of Minnesota’s Arrowhead Region.


Always a good time to be had here and (usually) a break from the summer heat. The weather Saturday and Sunday was gorgeous; we made the most of it.

Here a few photographic impressions:

Audie, Sandy and Cory relaxing in the municipal campground:



My old work buddy Don showed up at the Gunflint Tavern, driving up from his retirement home in Two Harbors. A fabric artist showed her felting prowess at the arts fair:

            

The Rich Lewis Band played under the moonlight:



While a restored schooner plied the smooth waters of the bay during the day:



And the harbormaster kept an keen eye on the proceedings:




By Professor Batty


3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Houff said...

I have a friend that does that art show, I debated about applying as it would goose me to get up there!


Blogger jono said...

I just missed you by that much! I did wander around the Art Fair on Sunday so I was physically nearby. We'll try again next time. Still cooler up here.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

It's stinky hot here, we should have stayed another day.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023