Friday, August 23, 2019

Parts Esquire



One of my home made guitars.

Modified traditional Esquire switching with a Stew-Mac bridge and a Zenon gold foil pickup. Switch down: bypass controls, switch middle: enables volume and tone, switch up: subtracts about 6db volume and some treble in addition to control settings. The ash body is fairly heavy and the neck is CIJ, probably from a J&D brand guitar.

A minimalist approach to a classic, this guitar was one of my favorites.

It was sold in the great guitar purge of 2019.

By Professor Batty


4 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

Looks like a fun project. I am starting to feel some arthritis in my hands so am trying to get away from thoughts of accumulating any more instruments. I can still have fun for a while, though.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I'm missing it so I've been looking at guitar kits again.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

A real beauty, Prof! (Oroboros here)


Blogger Professor Batty said...

Ah! The charms o’ the min!

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023