Wednesday, April 29, 2020

My Own Private Iceland #2

This is the second in a series of posts imagining what my scheduled trip to Iceland would have been like…



Natural wonders and architectural masterpieces are all well and good, but how can they possibly compete with consumer culture? Drekkin is one of the few remaining small grocery stores in the city. It is a work of pop art. Abandon all restraint, ye who enter here. Anyone for a Coke™? My cola of choice is Pepsi Max, only indulged in when night-clubbing.

The seminars started today, bright and early. The last class I ever took was at a community college 40 years ago. I dropped out. These meetings are more personal; the authors are lively; the other attendees are alert and aware; what’s not to like? I’m not going to become a better writer but I might feel better about the writing I do.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023