Tuesday, May 05, 2020

My Own Private Iceland #7

This is the last in a series of posts imagining what my scheduled trip to Iceland would have been like…



This is the real weepy and like tragic part of the story, my droogs.

Homeward bound, with a couple of hours to kill in the not-so-purgatorial Keflavík airport.

In 2000 KEF was little more than a hallway with a dozen gates servicing 600,000 tourists a year. That humble hallway remains, but is now augmented by a vast complex that handled over two million travelers in 2019.

My fantasy trip is over. Will I ever return?

In an ironic real-life twist, today is the day that some quarantine restrictions are being lifted in Iceland

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

I have beseeched the gods of my ancestors to help you find your way back to Iceland. I rarely ask for their help unless it is truly warranted. In this case I believe it is.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

The only Icelandic god paying me any attention is Loki.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023