Monday, February 22, 2021

Mondays in Iceland - #103

Ölstofa
One of the perks of a having free day in Reykjavík is stopping in to one of the local watering holes. The weather in Iceland is usually on the cool side and often windy and damp, even in the summer. A good way to escape the elements is to enjoy an adult beverage and conversation in one of the many pubs—I sometimes wish that I was more than a one-and-done kind of drinker.
You aren’t supposed to take pictures of people in bars, but in 2012 I felt compelled to capture a bit of the ambiance.

Bars have re-opened in Iceland now; the Covid control measures that were instituted there give it the lowest rate per capita of any European country. There have been fewer than a half-dozen domestic cases in the last two weeks.

That said, it will probably be a long time before regular tourists from the U.S. will be allowed to enter without a quarantine so I’ll have to hold on to my ticket a little longer before I can partake in this ritual again.

Much more on Iceland

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger jono said...

I am also a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. Although I could probably motivate for a second one if I were in Iceland. Provided I could afford it.


Blogger Professor Batty said...

I can probably make it to three beers/wines over an extended dinner.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023