Monday, August 23, 2021

Cancel Culture

The late summer surge of the Covid Delta variant has put a crimp in my travel plans.

I had a trip planned (and paid for!) for a week in Seattle. The upward trend of infections happens to coincide exactly with those trip dates. While I have been vaccinated, the effectiveness of the dose is said to diminish over six months—which coincides exactly with the trip dates! The Minnesota State Fair is scheduled to go on, with a real chance of it becoming a super-spreader event, so I’m cancelling that outing as well (but not the Fine Arts Preview Night!) Any possibility of going to California next winter is now looking extremely dim. The only thing worse than catching Covid is developing a case while on vacation.

What about Iceland?

Iceland Airwaves is still scheduled to go on cancelled, and infection rates in Iceland are rising and the flight schedules to KEF, always confusing, have become downright inscrutable, as have the entrance requirements.

I’ve been refunded the house and car rentals so I have plenty of disposable income. The airlines have only given me credits, however, so I’ve got flights to both Seattle and Iceland paid for.

I’m all dressed up with no place to go!

By Professor Batty


2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Sorry your trip plans have been derailed!


Blogger Professor Batty said...

We should be past this now.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023