Thursday, May 12, 2022

The Weight

This is a FITK re-post

Thursday May 12, 2005

Take a load off Fanny,
take a load for free…
Take a load off Fanny,
and put the load right on me…
-J.R. Robertson

Man, nothing could get me down today; I flew into work singing, breezed through my shift on overdrive, came home, made supper for the Weaver, and I still felt great. Now it isn’t that I am never down, and it’s not that I had any particular reason for my happiness, it was just a great day.

So, in light of this situation, I give you this no-obligation proposition:

I am now accepting and will willingly bear your burdens, funks, foul moods, and any of your other minor ailings. Com’on! Pile ’em up! Here’s a chance to drop some of that baggage that you’ve been carrying around. I promise not to give it back! A deal like this won’t last long—act now! That old heartbreak? Give it here. A sense of not belonging? Drop it off pal, no prob. Feel that you can’t talk when you really need to? I’ll pry that cat off your tongue. Feeling a little better? Good. That’s all there is to it! LET IT ALL HANG OUT! I saw that little smile! You don’t have to suffer that way—let it be me. Self esteem issues? You’re alright by me. I’ve got Karma to burn, baby, burn: toss your bad vibes on my pyre. It’s here. It’s now. It’s free. It’s just for you. Why do I do it? Because I like your style and I hate to see it cramped. Now go’on. Have a ball. It’s your turn.

I’m bleeding.

By Professor Batty

5 Comments:

Comica said…

You’re just too cute sometimes!

RS said…

Does the offer still stand?

Anonymous said…

Just a quiet, friendly chat about guitar amps and old recording gear will do just fine, thank you…

… and yes, thanks for all of those times - you’ve brightened my day on more than one occasion.

DJZ

Professor Batty said…

Comica- I’ll do cute, if I have to…

Reshma- of course…

DJZ- just picked up a Tascam 40-4 at the thrift store for $50- it was dirty but works 100%, are you looking for a free Teac 3340?

lab munkay said…

“… karma to burn… ” I love that Batty.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Professor Batty said...

I don’t remember exactly what it was that got into me that day, but it looks like the charm worked. DJZ was a photo tech who came into our lab and serviced our machines from time to time.

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023