Friday, May 27, 2022

Wedding Announcement

This is a FITK re-post

Friday, May 27, 2005

In my hands.

A crude cartoon, done in love, but grotesque nevertheless, announcing the marriage of an almost-girlfriend. As if to rub my face in it, I thought. No, it was just a sign she still thought of me. “I'll ride that Chestnut Mare someday!” - my foolish words. It’s over. not a chance. You never really had a thing going with her. You just weren’t in her league, were you? You’d need a whole lot more of everything to catch a woman like that. And now she’s up and done married someone else.

Get over it.

That was a long time ago. I got over it. I got married myself, and not on the rebound from her either. There all all sorts of different people. Some work out as a mate. Some don’t. But despite their differences, there is a commonality. You commit, they commit, you figure it out. It doesn’t exactly matter who it is, as long as you can see yourselves together. But years later, my old girlfriend and I, did get back together (platonic), and renewed a friendship we should have had all along, a frendship that I was too emotional and immature to let happen.

By Professor Batty


1 Comments:

Blogger Professor Batty said...

Where did that nugget come from?

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023