Friday, June 10, 2022

GARAGE SALE WEEKEND!

Part of My May Madness has been a spring housecleaning binge. I've been selling off some of my unused items and yesterday I started my garage sale. Full of esoteric (Flippistic?) objects, it was a rousing success.
On Thursday the easy pickings were over, however, Friday and Saturdaywere something of a challenge. The bags of Legos and Star Wars figures went quickly. The baseball cards, no so fast but most of them did sell.  A  great turnout, with beautiful weather and some sincere conversations about the wild variety of art included. I sold several of my large Iceland prints, and many of the 1880s engravings. My weird stuff- a bidet attachment, a Herbert Hoover centennial mug, and bizarre sculptures all sold. Sunday, the day after the sale was over, was spent sorting the remainders into keep, donate or toss categories.

One of my wildest Iceland pictures sold to a woman who was positively captivated by the image:

These lenses did not make it into the sale:

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023