Friday, September 16, 2022

Lush Life

Usually by September my lawn looks more like straw than grass.

This year was an anomaly, a cool spring followed by a dry spell, but then the weather gods had a change of heart and blessed us with a lot of late-summer rain. A lawn is a funny thing. I’ve gone green, my 2000 square feet of non-flowerbed space is a mix of grasses, weeds and clover and all of it is lush. No herbicides or pesticides here, we'll give the birds and bees and butterflies a little haven from the city’s asphalt. I even went electric with my lawn mower!

In a few months it will all be frozen until spring comes again, its annual dirt nap.

I wouldn’t have it any other way.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023