Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Wednesdays in Iceland - #2

Hotel Borg
One the truly venerable hotels in Reykjavík is the Hotel Borg. It still looks pretty much the same as it did twenty years ago (when I took the above photo) and the lobby and restaurant have been restored with an Art Deco Theme. The rooms have been redone, however, in varying shades of “greige,” which is now a universal decor affliction, I’m afraid.

It is priced on the higher end due to its central location (adjoining Alþing, Dómkirkjan, and Austurvöllur) and is an even more expensive hassle if you have a car. I stayed there in 2000 when good package deals could be had—and Iceland had a tenth of the number of visitors as it does now. I had actually thought about staying there again during my upcoming trip, but I found a nicer place nearby that is even more convenient and it has a kitchen! (I’ll feature it next week,)

Still, if money were no object, the two-floor tower suite in the Hotel Borg is tres chic, as well it should be for $1200 a night.

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2023