Friday, July 07, 2023

Return to Gunflint Tavern

A bittersweet affair.

I had booked my current trip to Grand Marais last April in hopes of seeing my old friend’s band play at the ‘Ravens Nest’ above the Gunflint Tavern. It is a gem of a venue, open on three sides to the harbor and the town.

But Rich, my old friend, died last month. His band is still playing, but obviously he won’t be able to make it.

I did stop in earlier, however, if only to experience a feeling of what might have been. A ‘blues and boogie’ guitar duo was playing:

When the moon is in phase it can be seen from your seat as the band plays on a summer evening.

It’s absolutely magical:

By Professor Batty


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                                     All original Flippism is the Key content copyright Stephen Charles Cowdery, 2004-2024